history for T490/2 HU4???

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

history for T490/2 HU4???

Postby bob k. » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:10 am

I would appreciate any information on the history of my Lola T490/2 HU4. In particular I would like to know the history in England from its manufacture. I would also like any information on parts sourcing, ie, which parts are from production cars and which are specialty items. I have a very well used set of modified red body work that indicates the car may have been used in Thundersports at some time. Centre lock wheels where added at some point. Car has been sitting for past 15 years and I am ready to resurect it. Looking forward to hearing from you.

bob k.
bob k.

Postby Gerald Swan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:40 am

Hello Bob, I can get a copy of the Lola chassis log for you which will at least show who the car was delivered to. I won't be able to get it for a couple of weeks though so if you don't mind waiting..........

I can also have a look at the T490 Parts List (assuming there is a copy in the Lola Archives) but I would guess that most parts will be non-road car other than a few things like brake/clutch cylinders etc.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Postby bob k. » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:36 pm

Thanks to your board I have discovered that my car was delivered to Divina Galica and run by Nick Whiting with Charlie Whiting as mechanic. Divina won the first ever S2000 race with this car, and placed 2nd in the championship, due largely to fer commitments to driving her Surtees TS19 in British F1 series.

Does anyone haveany thing else to add to the history of this car. Old photos? Race results? Paint scheme?

Thanks for your assistance.

bob k.
bob k.

Postby bob k. » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:32 am

Does anyone know how many of the T490's still exist today? I believe that there were 10 made and that most were updated to 492 specs. Do any original 490s still exist, if so, where are they and what are the chassis numbers?

Many thanks to Gerald Swan and all at Lola for the information sent to me to date. Thanks also to Rupert and Mandy for scans emailed to me.

cheers bob k.
bob k.

Postby Lolaman » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:47 pm

Hello, Bob.

As part of the planning for our "30 Years of S2" in May of next year at Road America, with Ms. Galica attending as one of the honored guests, would you consider bringing your car, in whatever condition it's in, to the event to show it off? It would be fantastic to see one of the front-radiator cars (even if it isnt one anymore) at the event. I believe we'll have three or four T-492's but we're much more interested in the early stuff rather than the later cars (we've got plenty of those coming!)

I woud be glad to converse with you privately about this event, I believe my contact information is available under my profile information.

Good luck on your project!

-Peter
Lolaman

Postby Johan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:34 pm

HI Peter !
How about putting an advert for the event in the news section of the Main Lola Heritage site? Many people never see the Forum. All you have to do is come up with the pertinent information ....
I'll beg the boss !
Johan

Postby Gerald Swan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:12 pm

We've done a News item for the meeting but it's slipped off the Home page now, one of the disadvantages of Lola generating so much news :wink:.

You can see it at: http://www.lolaheritage.co.uk/news/news131/131.htm.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Return to Lola Heritage Forum