T70 Continuation Series Gallery

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

T70 Continuation Series Gallery

Postby Gerald Swan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:16 pm

Just received some very nice studio shots from Glyn of the first Continuation Series T70 which I've posted on the main site.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

couple questions

Postby RSFCA » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:58 am

Are you making the tub and cast parts in house or contracting them out? Also who is doing the engines? Are you getting new injection systems built or using old stock and rebuilding?
RSFCA

Postby Bill_Lester » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:21 am

Beautiful car.
Bill_Lester

Postby Gerald Swan » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:07 pm

Hi Nick, I'm not exactly sure of the answers to your questions so rather than give you any wrong info, I've asked Glyn Jones to reply so you can hear from the horse's mouth (so to speak :D).

Yes Bill it does look really nice, I might even say sexy but then I've always been turned on by the sight of a well-turned wishbone :wink:.

I've asked my business partner Dani, (who designed the Heritage site) to see if he can make some a couple of nice PC wallpapers using some of the images. Hopefully he can find a spare minute or two next week and I'll make them available on the site then.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Postby Glyn Jones » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:45 am

Nick, I notice your queries about the T70 Continuation cars and can answer your questions.
The cars are made just as in 1969, the tubs are fabricated from sheet material in our assembly plant and wishbones and other fabricated parts are also made in house. Castings are obtained from a sub contract foundry and machined in our own shop to the original specification. As you will appreciate there was always a percentage of parts bought in from proprietary manufacturers and this is still the case - although we need to be quite inventive nowadays to locate items that have the level of authenticity required.

Lola do not supply engines for the cars. It is a long time since Lola involved itself with engine building and the number of speciialists available makes it sensible to allow customers to select and supply their own motors. The engines are generally shipped to our plant and installed so that the complete car is what the customer sees roll out of the factory door.

I have gone to great lengths to ensure that the build of the cars is as near to the original as possible and I hope this will be evident when they are seen at Vintage events. Lola made a commitment to building a 'true replica of the original' and I am sure you will find that to be the case.

Best wishes
Glyn Jones
Glyn Jones

Return to Lola Heritage Forum