WHAT IS LOLA TODAY?

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

WHAT IS LOLA TODAY?

Postby JAY LEWIS » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:24 am

HELLO TO ALL

I HAVE A QUESTION. IS LOLA STILL A WORKING/PRODUCING COMPANY?
WHO ARE THE PRINCIPAL OWNERS?

MY INTEREST IN RACING & HISTORIC CARS LEADS ME TO THIS QUESTION.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
:?:
JAY LEWIS

Postby Bill_Lester » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:47 am

Lola produces a variety of cars. There are a couple dozen in the A1GP series alone. Lolas feature prominently in the ALMS series in the United States.
Bill_Lester

Postby Gerald Swan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:20 pm

Jay, as Bill says Lola are very much in business today.

Whilst they don't produce cars in quite the same volume as they used to as they now concentrate on the major formulae. Again as Bill mentioned the entire field of A1GP cars are Lola designed and built and they are producing cars for the ALMS and the Le Mans series for both the LMP1 and LMP2 classes. In addition they are producing a new 2006 F3 model to take on Dallara in the British F3 Championship, last year they won three rounds with the B05/30.

In the US the spec chassis in Champ Car racing is (and has been for several years) a Lola, although 2006 will be their last year.

In Japan the Formula Nippon spec chassis is the B03/51.

In Historic racing following the changes in the FIA rules they are producing a number of the legendary T70s in the Continuation Series.

Finally Lola also does development work in things like composite technology and suspension systems for a number of well-known manufacturers in road-going and racing applications.

So Jay, as you can see, Lola are keeping very busy :D.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Return to Lola Heritage Forum