Lola Mk2

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

Lola Mk2

Postby hatrat » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:40 am

I have a Mk2 Formula Junior (chassis BRJ 1) that was one of the Fitzwilliam team cars that ran the European Series in 1960. I am looking for any history on the car, especially what colour nose band (either red, yellow or blue) BRJ 1 used and which driver ran BRJ 1 during 1960. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
hatrat

Re: Lola Mk2

Postby Len Holland » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:17 am

Hello my Father raced a Lola MK2 between 1966-73 l beleive this car was a member of the Fitzwilliam 1960s group infact l think l have a letter stating the fact in my father old paper work if you can give me some more information we maybe able to bring the two together as l have many photos of the car racing.
:D
Len Holland

Postby hatrat » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:44 am

Hi Len,

Good to hear from you and that you have a connection through your father with the Fitzwilliam Team Lola Mk2. I have a photo of your father's car at Castle Combe in 1968 but this is part of only very limited info I have on the Fitzwilliam cars after 1962.
I have managed to pick up quite a bit of info and photo of the team cars in 1960/61 when they initially raced predominantly in Europe and some info going into 1962/3. I have been able to identify which car ran in which races throughout the 1960 season and have worked out that BRJ1 (my car) had the red nose band, BRJ2 the blue nose band and BRJ3 the yellow nose band. There seems to have been two BRJ3 cars with one being replaced during the 1960 season and the first BRJ3 ending up in New Zealand in late 1961 only a few miles from where I lived.
We could probably work out which team car was your father's and I could then supply you with some 1960 photos. I would be keen to see what info you have as I have built up quite a bit on these Fitzwilliam cars but there are gaps I would like to fill.
Perhaps you may like to contact me directly on : rherrick (at) ihug.co.nz
Regards
Roger
hatrat

Postby Len Holland » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi Roger, Sorry but l haven't had time to run through the photos yet give me a couple of weeks and i'll forward you copies of what l have, l beleive the chassis number was BRJ2 (l'll confirm when l get it all out) an intresting side story back in the 1960s my father was visiting the old Lola Garage in Bromley to see Eric and was offered at the time a load of old chassis that were stacked at the side of the Garage l think mainly to clear some space but have often wondered over the years what Gems they may have been?
Len Holland

Return to Lola Heritage Forum