Looking for information about Lola -T 290 chassis # HU7

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

Looking for information about Lola -T 290 chassis # HU7

Postby PLD » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:31 am

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has any historical information on my 1972 Lola-T290 it is chassis # HU7. I will be racing this Lola at Sebring Florida this March. At the H.S.R. race. Any historical information would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you. Phil
PLD

Postby Johan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:23 am

Welcome Phil to the Lola Forum. Phil has some great cars that I hope he will post pictures of. Phil, I'm the guy that gave you the Lola sticker last year at the Mitty.
Johan

Hi Johan

Postby PLD » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:09 pm

[color=blue]Johan how is everything, I'm glad to see your a part of this form. When is your next race? are you going to Sebring in March,H.S.R. If so let me know we can have some coffee. Phil
PLD

Postby Johan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:35 pm

Phil, I am taking a car to the Amelia Island car show because it is the 40th anniversary of Can Am as a feature. I usually do not do car shows, but this one will be special. Unfortunately, it is the same weekend as the HSR Sebring event, but I am going the next weekend to the SVRA Sebring support race for the 12 hour. I am sure we will run into each other at a race track soon !
Johan

Good luck

Postby PLD » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:58 pm

Good luck at the concourse, thanks again for the information. Phil
PLD

Postby driftwood » Sat May 27, 2006 1:12 pm

Phil
yr chassis 7 car is possibly bonnier / filippenti team car Bonnier was lola euro agent so all cars thru him are listed as bonnier but he did run 2 teams in euro Gp 6 2 litre c.ship
i looked at its sister car last week
i can get u more info next week
can u mail me i would like some car fotos
i have a later 290 car im restoring
"is it in yet" said the mechanic to the apprentice
driftwood

Postby PLD » Sun May 28, 2006 7:08 pm

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate any information you can give me about my Lola.Phil :D I'm billing a web site soon as it's finished I will let you know
PLD

Postby Wolfgang » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:04 pm

Hi driftwood,

there are chassis-numbers in AUTOSPORT, July 13. 1972. At Vila Real was 4 cars of Ecurie Bonnier in the race: T290-2 Vic Eford, T290-5 Claude Switlick, T290-6 Mario Cabral, T290-9 Prince Jorge de Bagration. Mr. Bonnier was the Lola-dealer in that time for the continent and sale T290s in europe. But I found nothing about the T290-7.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang

Postby PLD » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:44 pm

Okay gentlemen, here is a quiz for you. Does anyone have any idea of what is the chassis number of the Lola T290 that Jo Bonnier was sitting on in the photograph. Mr. Wolfgang sent me a link that shows two or three Lola 290 with the same livery. I am really confused. till now I thought that my Lola was the one that Jo was sitting on in the pit area. I have chassis number HU#7 all three Lola have GITANES livery. Please go to this link to see the other Lola's www.racecar-collection.com :cry:
PLD

Lola in Gitanes livery

Postby Wolfgang » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:47 am

Dear Phil, this not a quiz, it is history.
Jo Bonnier was in 1972 the importer of the Lola racecars, so he was the first owner of several Lola T290.
The Gitanes car was run under the label of Ecurie Filipinetti, according the the Autoport magazine July,13th 1972 the car was entrusted to Vic Elford it was Bonnier's own car for the Vila Real race. The car was sponsered by Gitanes and had the chassis number HU-02 (please check the original article) http://www.racecar-collection.com/VilaReal-1972.pdf

The second source is the book of Javier del Arco (Montjuich, 40 years of motorsport at the park circuit). The race at Barcelona HU-02 was driven by Guy Edwards for Ecurie Filipinetti, the car was again in Gitane livery on the pictures.

The third source is the database of Jean Bernard Heros, showing Hu-02 04.06.1972 in Dijon by Jo Bonnier for Ecurie Filipinetti, picture is on the www.racecar-collection.com website.

The fourth source is the database of Tomas Karlsson who has different sources showing HU-02 driven by Jo Bonnier in Gitanes livery at Paul Ricard April 9th , Vallelunga April 23rd, Salzburgring May 21th and Dijon June 4th (there are various pictures available)

So there was only 1 Gitanes car which is HU-02 and the pictures on the www.racecar-collection.com, show the Gitanes car of course in different races not 3 cars. So share your documentation of your car with us, or change the livery of your car, please.

With best regards Wolfgang
Wolfgang

Postby driftwood » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:54 am

Thanks for the info Wolfgang i read some 72 Autosports
Guy Edwards raced HU2 at spanish race as he crashed his hu22 car week before in a round of the french sports car series so he rented the seat
vic Elford drove HU2 afte JoBo was killed at LM
I see you have now paintedyr car in Gitanes livery what took you so long!!
I have also seen some history of yr car in Roman Krecjis site all in cecz- this may assist your site info
I cannot find the return link when i do i wil let you know

With regards to Phils usa hu 7 car in Gitanes livery i think its ok if he keeps it as he is in USA
If he came to EEC to race perhaps then he should change the livery (probably to the red abarth livery )

His car is 1 of the osella owned cars and i assume it ran with Abarth engine in a few races in 72
Facetti had a race or 2 and then 1 car was on Targa Florio i think Moser?
who raced the 3rd Osella car?
"is it in yet" said the mechanic to the apprentice
driftwood

Osella Lola

Postby PLD » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:45 pm

well I'm almost convinced to change the livery of my Lola T-290 Mr. Wolfgang has done a lot of research on his lola t-290 and I'm convinced he has the correct livery, in the meantime thanks to Mr. driftwood and his help I think we found the correct livery for my lola T-290. If you have the French book titled Champion ship sport proto-type 1970 - 1975 on page 65 they are 3 photographs in the middle is supposed to be my Lola driven by Mr. Facetti and owned is Mr. Osella. They were three people who own this Lola in the United States we don't know which one painted the Lola in Gitanes colors, But we have a team of attorneys trying to find out. I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who has this fraud done to them. I would like to apologize to Mr. Wolfgang and thank Mr. driftwood for all of their help in solving this mistery. It's a sad thing to think you purchased a very expensive Lola and it turned out not to be what you bought but something else. In the meantime things will move forward, I need help finding photos of this red Osella Lola T-290 so I can bring it back to the original livery, any help would be appreciated. Thank you PLD
PLD

Return to Lola Heritage Forum