The T70 continuation series - a great idea?

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

Postby MARCOS SACOMAN » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:55 pm

Hi Glyn !

I have my concerns about these "safety requires" !
Using this, most of cars have all brake systems replaced, and an "up to date" roll bar changes the original chassis flexibility.

About the SL76/155.
The car listed as SL76/153 - Terry Croker / Carlos Avallone is fact the SL76/155.
Please, have a look at:
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/msacoman/ ... =l&.src=bc
What you can see there:
1.- A&J Motors invoice 1 - hand writed (owned by Terry Croker)
2.- A&J Motors invoice 2 - machine writed
3.- Terry Croker notes
4.- Lola's invoice 1 - signed by Harry Rushbrook
5.- Lola's invoice 2 (revision) - signed by Harry Rushbrook
6.- Harry Rushbrook letter to Carlos Avallone, asking if the "revision" is received.
7.- VARIG BL - issued at Heathrow Airport
8.- Brazil Customs ticket.
I addition, I have the proper Bank's letter of credit to Lola Cars.
On ALL these documents, we can read, very clear, SL76/155 !
I believe your records are wrong.
Best regards,
Marcos Sacoman
T140/16 (rebodied as T222), T142/1 (original, ex works), T76/155 (the REAL one...)
MARCOS SACOMAN

Postby Johan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:05 pm

Glyn,
Well said...
Johan

Postby MARCOS SACOMAN » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:32 pm

Glyn,
If you want, I'll be glad to send you notarized copies of all these documents, regarding the SL76/155.
Just let me know !
Cheers,
Marcos
T140/16 (rebodied as T222), T142/1 (original, ex works), T76/155 (the REAL one...)
MARCOS SACOMAN

Postby Johan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:39 pm

Marcos, good info I'm sure, but when I click on your link, it says the folder is empty.
The cars are old and hard to sort out. That is one of the things that make them so interesting. Do you have a picture of your car as it is today ? I would love to see it.
Johan

Postby beighes » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:20 pm

Greetings......If I have posted this improperly, please accept my apologies !
With all of the commentary regarding building of "Continuation Cars", I would like to ask the following...........If people are against the works constructing new/old chassis, how do the forum members feel about individuals that have reproduced the original car after it has been heavily crashed, or those that have purposely created a clone? I know of several cars (Lola, McLaren, Lotus) that were reconstructed using current materials, technology, etc.. One Lola was reconstructed from little more than a few suspension bits. While it's ID tag, and much of the original car's bits were owned by another.
Cheers!
beighes

SL76/155

Postby Glyn Jones » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:54 pm

Marcos, I have only pointed to the records maintained at the Lola Factory.

I was careful not to offer an opinion.
Glyn Jones
Glyn Jones

Postby MARCOS SACOMAN » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:51 pm

Glyn,
I understand !
But I believe there is a big mystake !
I have all these documents to corroborate what I say !
All dated 1970 !
And all Lola invoices were issued at Slough.
The Harry's letter - 24th january 1971 - is the first and only document I have from Huntingdon. (They'd moved on january).
Just asking to Antonio Carlos about the Invoice's revision !
What can you find for the SL76/153 ?
(always listed as Terry Croker / Carlos Avallone)
I think there is a "lost" 153 anywhere !
Maybe you can ask to Eric !
I really can't believe several people had typed wrong #chassis numbers on all these documents !!!! That's impossible !
At least Brazilian Customs are very accurate checking # numbers !
It's easyer to say the factory's records are not accurate !
As I said, I'll be glad to send you copies of all these documents.
I have nothing else to do !
Best regards,
Marcos
MARCOS SACOMAN

Postby MARCOS SACOMAN » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:34 pm

Hi Beighes !

I think we have nothing to do if someone had rebuilt a car after a crash. Please, do not forget this can happens to you or to me !
But for those smart guys that have purposely created a clone, the right place is the jail !
I have a nice question:
Can anyone tell me why McLaren had stop production for the M6 ? Or Porsche had stop the 906 ? And why Lola had stop the T76 ?
I can tell you why: Because ALL these cars had stop to win races !
And when ? Almost 35/40 years ago !!!!!!
Now, tell me why they’ll bring them back to production now ????
What’s different now ? A real “continuation” car will be an expensive looser…
To make a possible winner, they’ll need to make several changes.
If they do that, using the convincible “safety purposes” reasons, this car will be another “fake” one !
And none or any FIA papers will make me change my mind.
Here is my advise to the factory – Want to win races ? Go to Alms !!!
A REAL and TRUE car collector will NEVER buy a replica or a “continuation” car (I think that’s all the same)
As I said before, I like to have an old classic with a new powertrain and A.C. !
But only as a daily drive car !

Interesting facts:
1.- The T76 was ALWAYS slower than my T140 “rebodied as T222” at Interlagos (on the old killed circuit – 7.982 m.)
2.- The T76 was even slower than the T210. Emerson Fittipaldi won the Copa Brasil (1971), driving a T210.
MARCOS SACOMAN

Postby Johan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:48 pm

Marcos, do you want to sell your car (t76) ?
Johan

Postby Napolis » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:03 am

Glyn

I think what you've done is great. One thing I'm unable to figure out is could someone, other than Lola replicate a T 70 and receive FIA papers? There's no question about the ones you build but take Bugatti for example. Would VAG have to build it for it to get papers? Seems a bit strange if that's the case. As for collecting IMO pieces of history are what are worth collecting. The continuation cars will, over time, as you point out become a part of history but it's unlikely that they will become a piece of HISTORY.

Best
Napolis

Avallone

Postby avasports » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:16 pm

Gentlemen of this forum,
My name is Fernando Avallone, and I am Mr. Carlos Avallone's son. I live in the USA and manage race drivers in North America, including National Champions here in the last few years, in open-wheel and tin-tops. My other two brothers live in Brazil.

We are amazed by Mr. Sacoman's audacity in regards to what he has been posting here. Let me clear some of it:

First of all, Mr. Sacoman does not own any cars or parts or other documents of my father, such as the car in the picture, nor even the copyright for the photo.
My brother, almost immediately after my dad passed on a few years ago, handed documents, welding equipment, an original early 70's SuperNova chassis and bodywork, and other material to Mr. Sacoman for restoration purposes only; about a year ago Mr. Sacoman went MIA and stopped answering his phone or returning messages to us.
We are actively trying to contact him in Brazil to arrange for the return of my father's equipment, and he is running away with it. We would like him to surface, return this material and pay for another (street) vehicle, my dad's old Mercedes SL500 he basically took to have sold and never paid us...
Furthermore, please note that one of my dad's T140's was destroyed in his 1970 fiery crash at Oulton. I have the newspaper photo of its' burned chassis. This was the reason he decided to go back to Brazil, with badly burnt legs. To my brothers recollection, he did not bring any frame from Lola UK, only the drawings for it. He did bring the T70, which ended up burnt in Brazil a few years later; and the T212 which won the Copa Brasil, but did not keep it.
WE DO NOT BELIEVE ANOTHER 140 or 142 CHASSIS WAS IMPORTED BY MY DAD, and my older brother does remember using only the drawings from Lola to build the first Avallone Chrysler, the A11 which had a body of a T163 (only longer) and the A-11 chassis made in Brazil, BASED on a T142 and elongated about 4 inches, as per Mr. Eric Broadley's plans, a custom mod designed by him at my dad's request. I also have a "test" of this vehicle by a Brazilian magazine, with pictures of the chassis, etc. This car was used in an early 70's movie called "Roberto Carlos a 300 km/h", RC being a very popular singer/figure in Brazil, starring in this race-themed movie, with scened from my dad's organized Copa Brazil, his T70 and Emerson's T212, and, of course, the A-11. This car would develop shortly into the Avallone Chrysler/Chevrolet with the body like the T222 which we see on most of the photos and was very succesfull in Prototype Racing in South America, in the B Class (over 2000cc) of a category called Divisao 4 in Brazil. The car also received a Chrysler 550hp powerplant for a FIA sanctioned event in Brazil where it raced against Ferrari and Porsche Prototipes, but this car was called Divisao 5 because of the power. I have beatiful pictures of it coming down the old straight in Interlagos...with a Ferrari on its' tail.

In regards to the multiple chassis Mr. Sacoman claims my dad imported, I am not sure of his intentions, but there is no Lola Avallone car to be sold...nor the few chassis he claimed to own, in this site a few weeks ago, have come from my dad' s importation...I am not sure they actually exist.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions in re: the issues above. I will gladly keep inquiring about the true history about these chassis with people close to us, please let me know any particular questions. I also have an extensive photo collection of my dad's days in Europe (F5000 and F-Ford), as well as his following years racing in Brazil, with the Avallone Chrysler, F-Ford and Super V, which I am open to suggestion about how to make available to other "aficcionados". There are pics of our factory at Lola's Heritage site, under Avallone, and I have some more - all showing the chassis being made/prepared. I have a lot more photos and a lot of information about it...the Avallone-Chrysler (other versions had Ford or Chevy engines) was a classic, and fortunately we still have this car (which was never a Lola, sorry) and some more equipment from my dad, who also raced open wheel and stock cars to the eighties in Brazil, while building a succesful MG TF 53 replica with GM powertrain for street use in Brazil, which sold well and won a few Veteran's Car Club awards.
Again, please feel free to contact me.

best regards,
Fernando Avallone
avasports

Postby Bill_Lester » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:39 pm

It's rather nteresting that there have not been any responses to Mr. Avallone's post.
Bill_Lester

Postby Gerald Swan » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:10 pm

Just in case anyone thinks I'm being a bit rude in ignoring Fernando's post :) I should say I've had a nice chat with him via email and he's sent me some great pics of his father racing with a promise of more to come.

One of the areas of the Heritage site that is due for some work is the "Drivers" section and these pictures will be appearing there together with the story of Carlos Avallone's career. I'm also hoping to do a bit of a write up on the Avallone A11 sports car since it has such close Lola ties.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Postby Johan » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:08 pm

Welcome Fernando !
Johan

Postby Bill_Lester » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:12 pm

Gerald,

Please forgive me if you misunderstood my last message. I didn't mean you hadn't responded, rather Mr. Sacoman. The charges brought forward by Mr. Avallone are serious indeed. I just found it interesting that the accused hadn't posted a rebuttal to a thread he obviously monitors.
Bill_Lester

PreviousNext

Return to Lola Heritage Forum