T644e nose

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

T644e nose

Postby mark wilson » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:13 pm

hi, can anybody supply me with detailed drawings or photos of how the front nose section from the bulk head forward is constructed on a T644e as the car i have has been modified and i wish to put it back to original :?
mark wilson

Postby Mark Beasy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:44 am

Mark,
There are a couple of T644's here in Australia. I will get in touch with a friend who should be able to assist.
He had a post some time ago on the old website chasing information on his car so he could get his logbook approved.
His car has had little use and we believe is very original.
Mark Beasy

Postby mark wilson » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:05 pm

It would be great if you have any pictures or a drawing I could use, the car is 90% compleat but I am strugling to find a chassie number, which is a bit of a worry! do you have any idea where it should be located?
mark wilson

Postby minda » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:37 am

Hi i have the car Mark beasy was talking about, i can send some pics of the front if you want, let me know what you need.
I was looking for a long for the number on my car,i found it at the base of the roll hoop on the rh side.

I hope this helps,

Bruin Beasley
minda

Postby mark wilson » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:14 pm

hi brun, could you send me any photos you have on the frond end section, from the bulk froward and the radiator mounts, i have a nose on its way to me but front section is total wrong as someone converted it to side rads and a pointed front, would be most graetfull. guardianaircon@wairose.com, thanks mark.
mark wilson

Lola T644E

Postby advent » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:15 pm

Hi!

I noticed your mail from the end of 2005 reference the nose on a Lola T644E.

I have 2 cars, one has a totally original front and the other is a Chris Fox version.

I have various spare nose cones and some top panels but I m anxious to find a build manual and technical details of the car from when they were originally built.

One of the chassis I own is HU22 and it would be very interesting to know the history.

Some while ago someone gave me a whole load of details about the T644E from Lola but they were loaned to someone who did some work on the car and have subsequently disappeared!

Any info about these cars would be much appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction!

Andrew Crighton
advent

Postby Robin » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:17 pm

Andrew:
I have a Lola T640 and have updated it with US specification 644 bodywork. You mentioned that one of your 644E's has a Chris Fox "front" version. Is this the same Chis Fox who has parts available for older Lolas? I'm curious to find out what was modified. Please describe and post some pictures.
Thank you,
Robin
Robin Oldfield
T-640/HU8
Town & Country, MO
USA
"In theory, theory and practice are the same.
In practice, they're not." Yogi Berra
Robin

T644E

Postby advent » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:29 pm

Hi Robin!

The Chris Fox is the same as the one you mention; he is based close to Lola at Huntingdon and he produced a revised nose that saw the cone sitting further forward with a larger surface area to the radiator. The rad is laid almost flat and has an aluminium duct and tray to direct air.

The rad support frame is longer and I have seen it used on various cars.

I will try to get some pictures for you and forward them.

The original car that I have, chassis HU22, has the original radiator which has a smaller surface area but is much deeper.

I will be in touch.

Best regards,

Andrew
advent

Postby timbo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:52 pm

Just a vaguely interesting aside on this:

Back in 1986 I owned a 640/642. At the time, future F1 team Pacific Racing were running Reynards in Formula Ford & having problems with the cars. They borrowed the nose & rad from my Lola to do a prototype conversion of the Reynard to front rad. configuration!

If you see any pics of their M*rlboro cars from late '86 with a front radiator, that's where it all originated 8)
timbo

Postby Robin » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:07 pm

Hi Andrew:
Have you had the opportunity to take pictures of the Chris Fox modified nose/radiator design? I'm eager to see this configuration.
Robin :D
Robin Oldfield
T-640/HU8
Town & Country, MO
USA
Robin

Postby Robin » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:11 pm

Bump
Robin Oldfield
T-640/HU8
Town & Country, MO
USA
Robin

Return to Lola Heritage Forum