1961 Lola MK1 Spyder for Sale

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

1961 Lola MK1 Spyder for Sale

Postby Cargirl » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:13 am

Hi Lola enthusiasts,
I buy and sell for collectors and I am representing this fantastic Lola MK1 that many of you may be familiar with.
This is Lola BR-4, an amazing piece of history. Hillclimbed and raced in the UK from birth where it was noted as an “Indecently fast sports car driven by David Boshier Jones” before moving to the states. The current owner has owned the car for 25 years where it was raced in VSCCA, SVRA, VDC, VRG. A ton of spares come with the car including the original engine and wheels. The new wheels are Alumag and were reproduced by Don Orosco when he was restoring his Lola. The current engine is a 1220 (full race, stage 5 cam, steel crank (Carrillo)and rods (Farnden, Webers). This Lola was road registered in the UK before coming to the states and there is a copy of the MOT.
Asking Price is $235, 000. 00
Tons of documentation and log books. including all spares (see owner’s notes below)
Richmond gearbox.
Close ratio Sprite rib cage
three rear ends
differential ratio running a 488 right now
All original Alfin drums
log books
Have the handbrake which is original
The original MOT
Raced by David Boshier Jones Hill climbing.
Raymond May book picture
Original letters
Continuous ownership history.
Original setup sheets.
California guy third owner had all original records that now come with the car.
UK registration number but not plates.
Aircraft windshield molds off the original windscreen.
Pictures of when the car was found multiple pictures of the car throughout its history and restoration.
The original engine has been rebuilt by Dave Handy and was running in the lotus 7 a few times but basically is still a newly rebuilt engine.
Dave Handy rebuilt the original engine.
Long list of spares including:
two FWB engine blocks.
Machined for proper oil passage.
Nose, tail, new uprights, stub axle and interstab axle, original long-distance tank loads of climax parts original wheels.
Please contact me at Kelly@exceptionalcarbroker.com or WhatsApp phone or text 412-737-5593. I am currently based in Antwerp Belgium but this car is in Vermont.
I also have a Lola T332 (which is the best of the F5000s). Original chassis number. Won the Australian Tasman Championship F5000 series in 1975. But that is a different animal altogether.
Kelly Dietrick
Attachments
Reduced size.jpg
Reduced size.jpg (86.13 KiB) Viewed 613 times
Cargirl

Return to Lola Heritage Forum