Lola Formula Vee

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

Lola Formula Vee

Postby Scott Miller » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:59 am

Hi. I own what I believe to be a Lola Formula Vee (not Super Vee ) built between 1972 and 1976. Based on very limited information I believe it was sold by Carl Haas Racing in Chicago, Illinois and spent most of it's life in the USA Midwest. It is now located in Northern California. The body looks very similar to a Lola t340. I have no racing logbook and I could find no identification of any kind on the body or chassis.

I have restored the car and belong to a vintage racing group but they do not want to approve my car for vintage racing until I can document what it is and the time period for the car.

I am interested in ANY information about Lola Formula Vees. Based on some historical information I have found in books it does appear that Lola did make Formula Vees but did they really exist? When were they built? Does anyone have any pictures? For those of you who are familiar with Formula Vees this is a z-bar rear suspension car, it is not a zero roll rear suspension.

I am brand new to this forum so I apologize if this is not put together very well but ANY information of any kind or suggestions as to where I should look or who I should contact would be tremendously appreciated. I am not sure if you can post pictures to this forum but I do have pictures of the car both before and after restoration.

Thank you.
Scott Miller

Re: Lola Formula Vee

Postby Richard » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:44 pm

This is a new one to me. I have one of the very early air cooled super vees. I've never heard of a Lola Formula Vee. Any chance you could post some pictures of the car? My Super Vee is basically a FF. It was designed by John Barnard. It was the first car that Barnard designed.

I would love to hear more about the Formula Vee.

Richard
Richard

Return to Lola Heritage Forum