Geralds Lola T150 Series comment

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

Geralds Lola T150 Series comment

Postby Reto Kuprecht » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:57 am

Gerald, I read your earlier post on the T150 series cars which much interest. The story seems quite clear to me, except that third 1968 T150, which you mention had been built up at the end of 68 and sold to "US Racers Inc.". But I cannot find any traces of this third car, and no trace of who US Racers Inc. was. How did US Racers use this car, and what happened to it? And, would this car have been SL150/3? Can you, Gerald, or anyone else help with this perhaps?
Reto Kuprecht

Re: Geralds Lola T150 Series comment

Postby Reto Kuprecht » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:24 am

A lot of time has passed since I started to look at the T150. I took me more than two years to find all the parts to build up SL150/1 - the car which was crashed by Al Unser before the actual race at Indy in 1968. Eventually, and the story of what it took is too long to tell here, I had everything together: The Chassis, which was restored back from its 73 to its original 68 appearance by Hammer Art, all the suspension parts, complete wheel/uprights assemblies, original oil tank, steering, overhauled/dynoed correct Ford quad cam and LG500 transaxle, clutch, bellhousing, etc. etc. . And all pieces were test fitted by Goodwin restorations in Indianapolis...so, this is not a pile of junk, but a very complete racecar project. However, during all that time, my live has changed a bit, my father and workshop-buddy passed away after completion of the Lola T142 (the white and green SL 142/20), and I found my way back to my favourite former flying activities. So I will either just store the whole project for a while, or, if somebody wants to tackle the project now, sell it outright. For additional Information, please call +41 79 407 19 06 European Time and go to this link to see the ad:
https://www.racecarsdirect.com/Advert/D ... ar-project
Reto Kuprecht

Return to Lola Heritage Forum