The T70 Mk3B

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

The T70 Mk3B

Postby Mad Mex » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Hello Gentlemen. My name is Ricardo and I've join here to get as much information on the Mk3B.

As Much as I have read about the car and its History which I love the most. I really do not know the car its self. The technical part is as important to me as any race won or where to search for parts. Of course in todays market it would for me to win the Lotto to be able to afford a real Mk3. I have also looked at replicas and althougth they look the part it's build with modern tech. The other way is to build from scratch as I've seen. My questions to you is how does a guy get plans to build one from scratch to build the complete monocoque tub? Is it a close sceret of the restorers shop? As much hours and time to make a tub would it be cheaper just to call Lola and have them make a chassis or have one made from the formost restorer of T70 Mk3's? What about cost, and original Lola chassis, scratch built, buy a restorer, such as Fox Racing Development. I hope that these questions can be answered for me as I've done some research on this but little is out there, or I'm not looking in the right places. All leads and advice will be greatly appreciated...

Thank you in advance
Ricardo T
Mad Mex

Re: The T70 Mk3B

Postby Gerald Swan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:35 am

Hi Ricardo,

Lola are currently building Continuation MkIIIBs which are built to original specification to allow them to race in Historic events. They aren't cheap but they are a LOT less than an original car and I doubt if anybody else would build you one from scratch for less money.

If you want some more information speak to Benoit Bourdaire at Lola (BBourdaire@lolacars.com).

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Return to Lola Heritage Forum