t91 - alfa v6

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

Re: t91 - alfa v6

Postby knotan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:03 pm

i will follow up with video after tuning/dyno.
will tune it in a mustang dynamometer, but i am not really shure it will fit in the bench, might be to low :?

to be continued
knotan

Postby knotan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:14 pm

first day in dyno didnot go as well as i had hoped for, some troubles with weak signal from magnetic pickup from 60-2 tooth crank-wheel, a minor fuel leackage from stock alfa fuelrails (stock is a 20mm short hose between fuelrail and injector) when changing to bosch style injectors i had to manufacture adaptors, wich started to leak a little during boost. will have to change pickup and build new fuelrails before more dyno.

turbos is defenitly to small!, they are able to deliver around 500hp to my engine at 1 bar boost theoreticly, i choosed the smallest possible to get little turbolag.
BUT 0.8 bars at 2000 rpm is probobly a little too early :roll:
dont think neither me as driver or gerbox will handle 500+ nm round 4000 rpm :lol:

have to change turbos later .

one more dyno in a few weeks hopfully

knotan

Postby knotan » Fri May 04, 2012 8:11 pm

finally first testdrive at track :D

car feels wonderful, power is more than enough fot me at the moment. (since this is my first formulacar)
engine delivers around 500hp and 650nm at 1 bar boost. using round 10:1 compressionratio i am driving engine on ethanol (e85) with 104 octane (biofuel)

but now i have put a lower boost in midrange to keep the torque a bit lower than that . using round 0.4 bar at 4500 rpm, and raised the boost to round 0.7 bar at 7000 rpm..
seems perfect to start practice with.

But i still need new gears, topspeed @ 7200 rpm is round 240km/h . i would want it to be a little faster, (would like 1:1 at 5th gear) since i have the tourqe , but cant rev the engine more due to the small turbines in my turbos (42mm exducers) ....

i have emailed racecarwarehose and they have the gears i need, and i hope they can send them very soon. anyone knows more companys that possible have those kind of parts for my car/gearbox??

i feel so glad it is finally time to strat drivng and that the car feels so nice to drive.

next driving at alastaro finland in the end of may :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7MEpNd8MZQ
knotan

Postby knotan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Hello again :D

have driven cars a few times last year and everything seems to work great, engine tourqe is exelent and after gearbox have been rebuilt and a few different gear setups (diffrent ratings) it now seems perfect with my engines tourque curve 8)

using 1:1 in fifth gear and 300 km/h seems perfect with 7000 rpm ,

have also tested a few turbos, it seems perfect with the mhi td04hl15t i am using now, running 450whp and 525 wnm .

films are from 2013 running with flowprepped td0412t, bur to high resistance in turbine with these turbos ("only" 350whp and 450 wnm at 6500 rpm maximum)

looking forvar to test this new setup out, but i think i wil need new tires with the higher tourqe, 8)

(never mind the crappy sound from gopro)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc5aLEWo ... qF6vi34uLw

trying out running 1000m with a few friends only reached 298km/h gps speed with old turbos :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya4ofeMO ... qF6vi34uLw

now i am in planes for builing next project , how much would be reasonable to ask for this one?? does the v6 turbo engine make it worthless compared to a v8 N/A??
knotan

Postby knotan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:35 pm

knotan

Previous

Return to Lola Heritage Forum