1977 Lola T440..?

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

1977 Lola T440..?

Postby tombartley » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:44 am

[b]

Given that I know little about Formula Fords and, even less about a '77 Lola T440, could anyone give me some advice in terms of how they handle, were they competitive, and how reliable they were/are..?

I know a lot of what I am asking can depend on many varieables, but some middle of the road stuff would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Zulu
tombartley

Postby mrobo440 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:34 pm

I did some club racing with a T440 back in 1991 and 1992 with the SCCA. The car was pretty competative and easy to work on. I did fairly well in the Club Ford class. I wasn't the best mechanic in the world so it probably could have gone even better if I knew what I was doing. The starter always gave me fits and I couldn't figure out how to mount the Super Starter I bought. Not alot of room in that area. The only real fault on my car was that some stewards didn't like the Lola modification to the rollover bar that was done years before. Other stewards didn't care, but others gave me a bit of a hassle. That's the SCCA for you!
Own a T440 that has not been raced in 17 years. I am looking to rebuild or maybe even sell.
mrobo440

Return to Lola Heritage Forum