T142/21 arrived at new home in Australia

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

T142/21 arrived at new home in Australia

Postby Brenton Griguol » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:47 am

It took some time but finally the Roger Stones car T142/ SL21 has made it to Adelaide, South Australia. The garage was full but found room in the living room to keep......makes for great viewing of a GP.

If I knew how to upload photos, would be happy to post pics.

bg
Brenton Griguol

Postby Gerald Swan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:11 pm

My pleasure Brenton :D

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Postby Brenton Griguol » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:07 am

Thanks Gerald, now awaiting CAMS (aust motor sport body) to do the necessary paperwork for historic recognition and then the car is available for historic events in Aust.

bg
Brenton Griguol

New Lola in SA

Postby tombartley » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:11 am

Brenton Griguol wrote:Thanks Gerald, now awaiting CAMS (aust motor sport body) to do the necessary paperwork for historic recognition and then the car is available for historic events in Aust.

bg

Hi Brenton, congrats, it looks fantastic, especially in the house.

May I ask where you souced the car from?. I'm currently looking for a '67 T440 and the US seems to have a few. However freight is a major cost hence my question.
Regards,
Tom
tombartley

Re: New Lola in SA

Postby Brenton Griguol » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:31 pm

tombartley wrote:
Brenton Griguol wrote:Thanks Gerald, now awaiting CAMS (aust motor sport body) to do the necessary paperwork for historic recognition and then the car is available for historic events in Aust.

bg

Hi Brenton, congrats, it looks fantastic, especially in the house.

May I ask where you souced the car from?. I'm currently looking for a '67 T440 and the US seems to have a few. However freight is a major cost hence my question.
Regards,
Tom

Tom,
I googled it and it was a spontaneous decision, I was after an F1 car originally but couldn't get my head around having a team of mechanics everytime I needed to start it. Thus F5000 was the answer, the example I bought is a good one and am very happy with it.

I have just re-done the brakes as in pistons in the calipers cos they were rusty, the local machine brake shop in Adelaide found that the pistons were from a 1965 HR Holden and being a GM product came from the Vauxhall Velox of all things, the master cylinders were replaced at $29.50 aussie each. I have had transport wheels made from BMX 16 inch bike tyres. Currently it is going to have its first track day at Mallala in October. I sourced some new Dunlop racing tyres (treaded) which will be used at the Easter Historics next year.....

hmmm I need a hand loading pics, can someone assist please?
Brenton Griguol

Postby Reto Kuprecht » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm

Hi Brenton, you probably saw my heads-up for the Salvage Squad scenes. Your car is appearing there too, in part 3 at around 11:50 if I'm not mistaken, quite a shunt....
Reto Kuprecht

Postby Brenton Griguol » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Reto Kuprecht wrote:Hi Brenton, you probably saw my heads-up for the Salvage Squad scenes. Your car is appearing there too, in part 3 at around 11:50 if I'm not mistaken, quite a shunt....

Hi Reto,
Can you post the link please.
Brenton Griguol

Postby Reto Kuprecht » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:10 am

It's in my post on the Salvage Squad scenes.
Reto Kuprecht

Postby Brenton Griguol » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:10 am

Reto Kuprecht wrote:It's in my post on the Salvage Squad scenes.

thanks........now i'm half depressed, but it still drives well, we took it out on friday to mallala

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1PF0O2BP4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dzIRHTF4ig
Brenton Griguol

Postby Reto Kuprecht » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:36 am

No reason to be depressed - the important thing is that the frame you have now is straight. What I would change on this car for your own safety - if it's still the same - are the shoulder belts. I saw them attached low, then leading up thorough a thin aluminium panel and then down to the belt buckle. This aluminum sheet wasn't a good anchoring point for safety belts I thought...but perhaps this has been corrected in the meantime. Regards, Reto
PS: Your on track videos are great! GoPro?
Reto Kuprecht

Postby Brenton Griguol » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:53 am

Reto Kuprecht wrote:No reason to be depressed - the important thing is that the frame you have now is straight. What I would change on this car for your own safety - if it's still the same - are the shoulder belts. I saw them attached low, then leading up thorough a thin aluminium panel and then down to the belt buckle. This aluminum sheet wasn't a good anchoring point for safety belts I thought...but perhaps this has been corrected in the meantime. Regards, Reto
PS: Your on track videos are great! GoPro?

we changed them to mount onto the chassis, new sabelts and made sure no sharp edges went near the belts.

we are giving the engine a fresh up because I'm not sure what has been done to it, thus its stripped today, heads are off, and entire engine goes out tomorrow, we will also check the clutch and replace it, thrust bearing is noisy thus will be replaced, the left rear and front rear wheel bearing s are shot and have ordered new ones.
once all this done we will do a few more track days, the car has to be ready for the melb GP in march as these are the support race.

btw, how is your engine reto?

bg
Brenton Griguol

Postby Reto Kuprecht » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Well yes, these repairs/updates are normal on a "race ready" car. Same story always :wink:
I have not seen my engine run yet. It has been built by www.hekimianracing.com in Boston to my specs and has been on the dyno over there. We have a roller chassis dyno nearby, so I can put the finished car on it and check it including the gearbox. But I needed the engine at an early stage to build the car around it, including the engine supports, anciliaries, carburetor linkage, ignition system, headers, oil system etc. I only got the bare tube chassis, so it's not really the take apart/put together thing :wink:
Reto Kuprecht

Return to Lola Heritage Forum