Lola T440 parts and advice

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

Lola T440 parts and advice

Postby clubracer » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:21 am

Hello,

I am new to the forums as I am just in the process of purchasing a Lola T440. Chassis 88 which is now here is Australia in many pieces. I believe it was owned by a gent named Jim Reed prior to it coming to Australia.

The kind people at Lola have already posted me some exploded view drawings to which I am hoping to see what parts are missing, although the major parts are the steering rack and the trans.

This is my first competition car resto, so I'm quite excited. I'll be documenting the restoration on my website so will make sure I get photos etc up as soon as possible.

Would love to hear from anyone who has undertaken a sinilar project who may be able to give me any advice.

Thanks.
clubracer

Re: Lola T440 parts and advice

Postby tombartley » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:46 pm

clubracer wrote:Hello,

I am new to the forums as I am just in the process of purchasing a Lola T440. Chassis 88 which is now here is Australia in many pieces. I believe it was owned by a gent named Jim Reed prior to it coming to Australia.

The kind people at Lola have already posted me some exploded view drawings to which I am hoping to see what parts are missing, although the major parts are the steering rack and the trans.

This is my first competition car resto, so I'm quite excited. I'll be documenting the restoration on my website so will make sure I get photos etc up as soon as possible.

Would love to hear from anyone who has undertaken a sinilar project who
may be able to give me any advice.

Thanks.

Hi Clubracer....did you manage to get any help with your request..?
Also looking for a Lola T440 / T200 here in Oz.
Cheers...Tom
Zulu
tombartley

Postby mrobo440 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:03 am

Hi clubracer, my son and I are starting a T440 rebuild project as well. Unfortunately, we are here in the States. Do you have have electronic versions of the documents that Lola sent you? I'd love to see them. I hope you're making some progress on your rebuild.
Own a T440 that has not been raced in 17 years. I am looking to rebuild or maybe even sell.
mrobo440

Postby Gerald Swan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Anybody wanting the T440 bits and pieces drop me an email: gerald@lolaheritage.co.uk :).

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Postby Richard » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:39 pm

I'm working on a T-250 right now. That's very similar to the T-200. The T-250 was John Barnard's first design job. I suspect that Lola used as many T-200 parts as possible since no one knew how the new Super Vee class would work out.

I have a bunch of sales flyers, etc that I can email if you're interested.

Richard Newton
Richard

Re: prints, manuals etc for T440

Postby Jerry B. » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:03 am Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anybody wanting the T440 bits and pieces drop me an email: gerald@lolaheritage.co.uk .
Gerald.

Sent you an e-mail just now.
Thanx in advance...JB
Jerry B.

Return to Lola Heritage Forum