Lola Race and Championship wins - Contributions wanted

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

Lola Race and Championship wins - Contributions wanted

Postby Gerald Swan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:37 pm

OK everybody, I've just added a major upgrade to the Drivers section: http://www.lolaheritage.co.uk/history/drivers.htm.

There are two new sections covering Lola Championship and Race wins, all 1440 of them :shock:, it has taken me far too long :D.

I'm now looking for contributions, the only criteria is a Championship or race win in a Lola. It doesn't matter when or how minor or how obscure the submission is and Historic racing counts as much as the good old days. Documentary evidence is nice for the Archives but if there isn't any then I'm sure you are all very honest :D.

Also feel free to point out any errors I've made, I'm sure they are there!

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Postby Lothar Kremer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Hello Gerald,

Looks Great. Thank you for the inclusion of the Eppie Wietzes race wins in the Canadian Road Racing Championship of 1969 which lead to his victory of the series.

Lothar Kremer
Lothar Kremer

Postby Gerald Swan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Hello Lothar,

Thanks for that, the database is slowly growing, I'm up to 2,700 Race Wins now.

I'm currently scouring Autosport for all the 1970s club results, the problem is I keep stopping to read the read the reports/articles. It's amazing what you forget after 40 odd years :).

Gerald.
Gerald Swan

Re: Lola Race and Championship wins - Contributions wanted

Postby A. Black jr » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:41 am

Hi Gerald
There was a driver form Oneonta NY, by the name of Sherm Decker I am His nephew. He was my mothers brother, we are a close family he was like a second father to me. He won many races in a Lola T-70 back in the early 60's. There is a web site www.BARCBOYS.com that has a lot of information on him driving the Lola and his MGA's. I am looking for information on all of his cars that he raced. Anything that you find would be helpfull. thank you.
A. Black jr

Re: Lola Race and Championship wins - Contributions wanted

Postby Gerald Swan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:44 pm

I have come across Sherm's name in some USRRC races but I don't have much in the way of results so if anybody knows anything more please let me know!

Gerald.
Gerald Swan

Return to Lola Heritage Forum