75 T360 FA technical questions

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

75 T360 FA technical questions

Postby Jim Frank » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:20 pm

I am restoring T360 HU20 and have a few questions, can anyone help?

What is a recommended wheel nut torque?

Any recommendations on suspension spring rates?

Any recommendations for a cold wheel bearing preload? I have to machine new bearing spacers and need a starting point.

Two simple questions of curiosity, why the inner and outer mounting position for the front lower suspension arm (tub bracket also used on other models)? Why the two forward mounting positions for the rear upper trailer arms (alignment)?

Would anyone have any info relative to the 75/76 history of this chassis? I have verified it was sold by Haas, I know the history from 77 on, and I have spoken with Allen and Chris Townsend at oldracingcars.

Thanks in advance for any info
Jim Frank

Postby Glyn Jones » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:20 pm

Steve Maxted in the UK has done a great job of rebuilding the ex. Ted Wentz T360 and I am sure will be able to answer your questions.
(See Scrapbook pages)

I will put you in touch with Steve if you wish?
Glyn Jones
Glyn Jones

Postby Jim Frank » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:42 pm

Glyn;

That would be fantastic, thank you. I have seen his scrap book pages. Both our cars actually share the same previous owner here in the states. I would be greatful for any technical info, photos, etc that Steve would be willing to share.

Jim
Jim Frank

Postby Glyn Jones » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:18 am

Please e.mail me at the contact address on site and I will be able to put you in touch with Steve.
Glyn Jones
Glyn Jones

Return to Lola Heritage Forum