T496

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

T496

Postby bob k. » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:17 pm

I was just looking at the photos of Piero Lottini's T496 HU01 and it appears to have a front radiator nose yet I can clearly see side radiators. As this car was a 1977, I assume it used the same body as the T490. ie front rad. Was this car originally a front radiator car and updated to side rads as the T492s? How many T496s were made and what was typical or normal engine and gearbox fitted? Just looking for information to understand the various models.

As an aside, are you aware of anyone still running a T490 with original front rad configuration?

thank you bob k. T490 HU4
bob k.

Postby acme » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:28 pm

My 496 came from the factory with a front radiator but was changed soon after by the first owner. I still have the radiator with all the brackets. One of my three noses also had an outline where the original front cut out probably was. Jeff Miller's 496 still has the front radiator configuration.

I am currently in the final stages of making a complete set of body molds. I also have a 98% complete set of 3D CAD drawings for the tub and rear subframe.

ACME

Kermit Wold
acme

Return to Lola Heritage Forum