Specs

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

Specs

Postby AndyP » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:06 pm

As I understand it, my favorite Lola, the T70 MkIIIb is a derivitive of the T160. Does anyone know where I can find technical information on the T160 and its sucessors, the T 162 through T165s? And what about the T220 and T222? Inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks
AndyP

Postby grp2viva » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:12 pm

I wouldn't say the lllb is a derivative, but the bare chassis could look similar to the untrained eye, from a distance with some grease smeared on your glasses. Not had much to do with T160 family, but DO know the lllb intimately. They have a similar basic hull shape and engine mount arramgement but that's about it. Front upright castings are the same, and I think, the rears.
on the subject of your other posting, what spares are you after, or is it just a general enquiry,to see how maintainable they are?

Hope this helps.

Darren

CRC Racecar Engineering
grp2viva

Postby AndyP » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:48 am

Darren,
I'm not after spares per se (not yet anyway). In the absence of a real car to examine, I find that the parts manuals can be helpful in learning how a vehicle is put together, especially if they have good exploded view drawings. Of course a shop (repair) manual would be great as well, but I'm guessing that there probably isn't such a thing.
Actually a set of engineering drawings/blueprints/templates for the tub would be exactly what I'd love to have. But I'd probably have as much chance of coming up with those as I would have for a GT40 or M6 or M8 McLaren.
Andy
AndyP

Return to Lola Heritage Forum