Lola is 50 !

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

Lola is 50 !

Postby Johan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:01 pm

I think we should act accordingly and do something special. I know that
we are going to have Lola as the featured Marque at both the Kohler International Challenge with Brian Redman at Road America in July 2008 as well as being the main attraction at the Zippo US Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen in September. Throw in the Goodwoods and it will make for a busy summer 2008. How about it ? Any of you British guys want to come over here and race ? We promise to go easy on you...
Johan

Postby Gerald Swan » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:23 pm

I hope Johan will forgive me :wink: if I hijack his thread slightly and turn this into a place to discuss the 50th Anniversary and to let you know what's going on as and when details become available.

I can say that Lola are taking the whole thing very seriously and are looking at quite a few different ways to celebrate the event.

One thing that has been decided is that there will be a book (at last :D) about Lola. The author, Lorie Coffey, has contacted me to say that advanced orders for the book can be placed shortly and additionally Lorie has suggested that any of you that own/have owned Lolass might like to contribute to the book by submitting photos of your car for possible publication.

If you think you might have something suitable and would like to help you can contact Lorie direct at LorieCoffey@aol.com. The pictures will need to be a high res scan of at least 300dpi and clearly labelled with the Type/Mk of car and the name of the owner of the photos with a cover letting giving permission to reproduce the photo in the book. Period photos are always preferable but anything will be considered.

Meanwhile if you have any thoughts on the 50th Anniversary, here's the place to talk about it.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Return to Lola Heritage Forum