T190 rear uprights

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

T190 rear uprights

Postby Rhino » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:51 am

I am restoring a Lola T190 and I am having problems locating new old stock or remanufactured rear magnesium uprights. I plan on running the vehicle so they have to be in top notch condition. Can any one help?
Rhino

uprights

Postby RSFCA » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:52 am

have you tried Chuck Haines at can am ltd?
http://www.can-amcarsltd.com/
RSFCA

Postby Rhino » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:55 pm

Yes, that is were I had purchased the vehicle. Chuck told me that he can get aluminum uprights. I am looking for original style magnesium. This vehicle has a good history and I would like to restore it back to original.
Rhino

Postby Rhino » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:01 am

Thanks to this forum, I have found a gentalman named Chris Fox of Fox racing development in th UK. He has informed me that he can help me with my plight of locating rear uprights for my T190. This is pretty much the last piece to my puzzle of putting back together the Haas/Penske venture that was driven by Mark Donohue chassis #3 in 1969 Sebring continental.
Craig Bennett of RM motor sports in Wixom MI. USA was able to provide me with the majority of rest of the hard to find parts.
All I ask of this Forum is if any one that has had any dealing with Mr. Fox in the past, please let me know of his quality of work before I send my hard to find parts to him. I guess what I am asking for is some referances if you will. He seems like a very good chap, but a good word would ease my mind.
So if any one can please help it would be highly apreciated.
:wink: Reinhold
Rhino

Postby Rhino » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:55 pm

I would like to say thank you for all the replies and help. I have sent my up rights to Mr. Fox and they are in the proscess of being manufactured. I would also like to say thank you for all the help I am receiving from Eric Haga (original driver of T190 chassis #eight) for all of his information to help restore my T190 correctly.
Best Regards,
Reinhold :D
Rhino

Postby Rhino » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:06 am

I have just recieved my rear uprights from Chris Fox, and I couldnt' be more pleased with his work. He did a top notch job! Thank you Chris and all that have been a great help to me in this restoration.
Cheers,
Reinhold
Rhino

Return to Lola Heritage Forum