Newly revised "Type Numbers" page

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

Newly revised "Type Numbers" page

Postby Gerald Swan » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:02 pm

OK everybody after a lot of hard work and research I've just uploaded a heavily revised "Type Numbers" page: http://www.lolaheritage.co.uk/history/type.htm as well as updating the entries for the early Types.

I hope this is now a definitive list of all the Lola Types but I'm sure someone is going point out a mistake or two :D.

A note on the Year entry, I've arbitrarily made this the main year(s) the car raced. For some types the first few cars were often built in the closing months of the year but usually did not race until the following year. Additionally a few cars might have been built in the year after the model raced. So for example the T596 Sports 2000 had the first 3 cars built in December 1983 but the remaining cars were built in 1984 so it's shown as "1984" on the table. I hope that makes sense.

I shall now sit back and wait for your corrections.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Postby anders » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:57 pm

Awesome!

/Anders
anders

Postby robbeddington » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:53 pm

Fantastic Gerald - this has spurred me into action on the MK6 write-up. Expect to hear from me soon. Rob
robbeddington

Postby Johan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:55 am

Wonderful ! Looks great !

Only one teeny weeny little thing I see is that the Lola 70 MK IIIb spyder is not listed. It is completely different than the coupe IIIb. An example would be the #36 Gurney car. Also, the Lola T70 MK III spyder is not listed . It is very similar to the MK III coupe though chassis-wise.

Again, great job !
Last edited by Johan on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johan

Postby anders » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:31 am

Johan,

You are of course right. Just before I read your post I sent
Gerald my understanding of the subject. Contemporary Lola
documents even suggested you could convert a MkIII G7
to a MkIII GT just by switching the body! I have not seen any
evidence of anybody actually doing this in the sixtees though!

/Anders
anders

Postby Johan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:56 am

Yes, it would take weeks just to re-wire the car so that it did not catch fire from the extra load of a windscreen wiper.
Johan

Postby Hugewally » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:56 am

T600 - don't forget Guy Edwards had a Cosworth V8 in his...
Hugewally

Postby Gerald Swan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:38 pm

Thanks to Anders I've amended the T70 entries and thanks to Hugewally I've amended the T600 entry, damn I should have remembered the T600 also ran a DFL :).

Johan you've put me in a bit of a quandary about the Spyders/Coupes :?. I've been a bit inconsistent as I've split them on the Register page but treated them as a single entity on the Types page. I guess it depends on what the definition of Type is, the Coupes and Spyders are obviously visually different but Lola gave them the same type number. I'll have to think about it some more!

Rob, you will note I've put "A full technical appraisal and race history of the Mk6 will appear shortly." on the Mk6 page in anticipation of your article :D.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Postby Ron Earp » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:21 pm

Excellent page, a lot of help for those of us that don't know all there is to know about Lolas. Thanks!

Ron
Ron Earp

Return to Lola Heritage Forum