T440 shocks

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

T440 shocks

Postby ianstaples » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:28 pm

Hi- I am trying to find out the origanal dimensions eg: open length and compressed length and spring rates for a T440 Formula Ford.

Thanks, Ian Staples
ianstaples

Postby Johan » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:45 am

Ian,
Please do not take this wrong, but it might help if you offered a bit of something before you ask for something, tit for tat so to speak. Say who you are, where you are from, what car you have or are working on, etc.
Tell a joke if you have to, but the reality is that if you just get on a forum (any forum) and ask for info that requires efforts on the part of others, there will be little to no response if you have brought nothing to the table.
That said, I wish I had the part that you are interested in so that I could go and find it, measure it, and let you know what my research revealed.
How about a picture of your girlfriend then ?
Best,
Johan
Johan

Postby Gerald Swan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:47 pm

Ian, I can tell you the front dampers were Bilstein 3 AVS 1362A and the rears Bilstein 3 AVS 1362B. Perhaps an enquiry to Bilstein quoting the type numbers might give you the info.

I've got 2 data sheets for the T440, one quotes front springs as 300 lbs, rears as 170 lbs, the other, which is marked as being for the Blanchett car (so presumably was the "works" car) has 180 lbs front, 150 lbs rear.

Hope that helps a bit.

Oh and it's not compulsory to post a picture of your girlfriend, although just to give you an idea my imaginary girlfriend looks very like Nicole Kidman :D.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Postby ianstaples » Mon May 07, 2007 1:41 am

Hi, i apoligise for not posting a picture of my girlfriend but if my wife ever saw this forum there might be a T440 for sale!!! . I have bought 1 and 1/2 cars for resto from the states and they are on there way to New Zealand and I have the oppitunity to get a new set of shocks shipped back here soon at no cost ( i'm paying for the shock but not shipping or customs) but I do not the dimensions, so this is what I'm up to ,Ian.
ianstaples

Postby ianstaples » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:48 pm

hi, I managed to get the dimensions and the new shocks are here. Thanks
ianstaples

Return to Lola Heritage Forum