All cars producedy Lola Ever?

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

All cars producedy Lola Ever?

Postby fisico » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:41 pm

quick quiz guys, since Lola was founded how many cars has it produced since then?
fisico

Postby Gerald Swan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:28 pm

I don't know if anyone is keeping a running total. I can tell you the 1000th car was a F Ford T342 built in 1975. It was actually chassis number T342 HU190, it is now owned by Jeff Jagusch.

So it took 17 years to get to 1000 so there are a lot more in the next 32 years :). Some of the F Ford types exceeded 100 cars for each type and there must have been a lot of F3000 and CART/Champ Cars as well as Sports 2000. I'll see if anybody has kept a total but otherwise it will have to wait until I've seen all the chassis logs :?.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Postby fisico » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:45 am

sorry i meant how many produced as in types? should have rephrased the question
fisico

Postby Gerald Swan » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Perhaps I should make this a quiz question :lol:.

Well I'm curently working on a heavily revised "Types" page for the site which should be online soon (I'm just waiting for some graphics) and I've just done a quick count and taking the Broadley Special as number one and counting cars like the Mk5 and the Mk5a as two different types I've come up with a total of 224. In addition I've found evidence of another 10 type numbers that were allocated by Lola but as far as I can tell never got beyond either the design stage or just an idea that didn't even get that far.

I think the list is accurate but I'm sure once I publish it some clever bu***r out there will correct me :).

Gerald.
Gerald Swan

Postby fisico » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:10 am

yeh im sure they will! though i though i counted the types page and got 241 (with the permutations on each model like Mk 5A), but ill take your word for it if you made it..
fisico

Postby Gerald Swan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:52 pm

Well much of it came from Lola's own Production List but surprisingly Lola don't seem to know what they've built and there were several types appearing on the list that weren't built and several that were built and aren't on the list :shock:.

I've been having a bit of a blitz on the revised Types page and it should be on the site in the next week or two and then I can sit back and wait for the corrections to come flooding in :).

Gerald.
Gerald Swan

Return to Lola Heritage Forum