1977 Lola 497

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

1977 Lola 497

Postby dr speed » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:27 pm

Does anyone have any information on a 1977 Lola 497?How many are left,color schemes etc.Parts available,the works.
dr speed

Postby Brent Borland » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:49 pm

Hello,

We are restoring Dr. Speed's Lola. We are looking to find sources for parts for the car as this is our first foray into vintage Sportscar stuff. Any information on who might have a stock of parts or might know a good bit about the cars would be very helpfull. I've contacted Bo at Haas Auto and so far he hasn't really been able to help us though he is trying.

I was also wondering if there was anyway to get any manuals that might have come with the car.

Does Lola sell drawings for parts for the old cars?

Any help or advice is welcomed.

Thanks,

Brent Borland
Brent Borland

Postby Gerald Swan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:42 pm

Dr. Speed, Brent, unfortunately there is nothing in the Lola Archives on the T497, at least nothing that I have found to date. Regretably there is almost nothing on any of the T49X series.

If you haven't already contacted him have a word with Glyn Jones who is Lola's Heritage Coordinator, you can reach him at: GlynJones@lolacars.com, he might be able to help with any drawings that Lola still have.

You may have noticed there is another T497 owner on the Chassis Register, Reynold Watt, I'll contact him and ask if he has anything that could help you.

Talking of the Chassis Register, if you would like to let me have the chassis number I will add it. Also if you would like to let me have some pictures and any history you have on the car I would be happy to make up an individual page for it.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Postby Brent Borland » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:25 pm

Thank you Gerald. I'm composing an email to you right now so you can put the car up on the Registry. After all, the more info out there the better. I don't have great photos of the car assembled but I do have the photos I took as we disassembled the car to help us in the rebuild. I'll send what I can.

Thanks,

Brent
Brent Borland

Postby Brent Borland » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:28 pm

Bump!
Brent Borland

Postby acme » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:46 pm

I have a 496 that I purchased intact but have it disassembled for 100% restoration. All fabricated components are going on CAD, many replaced The body is currently being used for a buck to build new body molds. First bodies should be off yet this fall. Crush structures are also being engineered into the tub.

I believe that is car is very, very close to yours.

This was the SCCA C Sports Runoffs winner in 81 and runner up in 79 and 80. It was driven off the track after the Runoffs, engine pickled and put in a barn until we pulled it out last spring. It was rode hard over the hardcore years and although intact it was pretty rough. Fred's goal was to win the Runoffs not win any beauty contests. It will be perfect when it rolls out of our shop sometime in 09.

acme
Minnesota
acme

Postby Brent Borland » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:59 pm

Here is a picture of the finished product. This is Dr. Speed heading for his first race in his newly restored car. The weekend went very well with the only problem being with a cone that repeatedly seemed to jump in front of Dr. Speed in turn 8 at Road America. Seems the cone wasn't used to Dr. Speed sitting on the right hand side of the car and it didn't get far enough off of the track at the apex. :D :D :D

Brent Borland

Lola T497 dr.speed

Postby erlachner josef » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:51 pm

Hello and a very good evening from Austria dr.speed.
It`s a wonderful car. After an accident I drove my car in August at the Salzburgring and now I´m going to Hungary.
I´d need wheels like on your car. Can you help ? thank you for your assistance.
Josef Erlachner jr.
erlachner josef

Return to Lola Heritage Forum