Bradley William Krause 1948-2007

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

Postby Johan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:59 am

Bradley William Krause of Cutchogue, Long Island, N.Y., died Jan. 24, 2007, at Eastern Long Island Hospital in Greenport, N.Y. He was 58 years old. He raced a Lola T70 in vintage sportscar events.
Mr. Krause was born in Burbank, Calif., on July 24, 1948. He served in the Army in Vietnam, received associate degrees in geology and photography from Santa Barbara City College and in 1972 became one of the original founding partners of Kinko's.
Over the next 25 years he was a key force behind the company's worldwide expansion. He served as a member of the board of directors and president of the firm's Western division. He also completed the owner-president management program at Harvard Business School.
Since retiring from Kinko's in 1999, Mr. Krause was involved in several real estate ventures in the western part of the country.
In 2003 Mr. Krause moved from Santa Barbara to Cutchogue, N.Y., with his wife, Stuie, a descendant of one of Southhold's founding families, the Moores. They bought "Quawksnest," the bay front home built by Stuie's great-grandfather, Stuart Hull Moore, in 1986 and brought it back into the family. Last year they began a restoration of the home, which is ongoing.
Mr. Krause was a serious sportsman. Until recently he was racing vintage cars in events across the United States and Europe and windsurfing wherever he could find wind. He was also an avid fisherman and enjoyed amateur photography.
The son of Maxwell and Elizabeth Krause, he is survived by his wife; his mother, of Los Angeles; and a sister, Carol Norton of Sun Lake, Ariz.
He was predeceased by a brother, David, in 2003.
Donations in memory of Brad Krause may be made to the American Cancer Society at 800-227-2345.
Ventura County Star
Most of us knew Brad because he was an avid driver of historic racecars both in the US and Europe. His enthusiasm and accomplishment, on and off the track, led those around him to look up to him and embrace him as a friend.
Brad will be missed by all those who knew him, but the memory of his smile will continue to warm our hearts.
Our thoughts are with Stuie and Brad's family, at this time of poignant loss.

Brad owned one of ( there are two seemingly legitimate chassis) the SL70/1 cars. This picture shows his adventuresome spirit as evidenced by his driving style. Cancer sucks.

Johan

Postby Hugewally » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 pm

:cry:
Hugewally

Postby Gerald Swan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:04 pm

Sad news Johan, I never knew Brad but seeing that picture makes me wish I had, what a great memory of someone.

Of course you are so right about cancer, I've lost two friends in the last 5 months including Frank Gomm, Classic F3 racer and son of the legendary Maurice Gomm who built many a F1 car in his time. Both men were lovely guys with families and you wonder why them and not the bastards of this world.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Postby David Pozzi » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:06 am

Gerald,
I couldn't have said it any better!
David
Lola T-70 Mk1 SL-70-09
David Pozzi

Return to Lola Heritage Forum