Spam Update

Moderators: Gerald Swan, Glyn Jones, Johan

Spam Update

Postby Gerald Swan » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Hi all, you have probably noticed the huge reduction (currently to zero) in the spam infestation and I would like to take full credit for this.

Sadly however I can't as it was nothing at all to do with me :D. So a big thank you to Forum member Hugewally who put me in touch with Paul Collins who is a Moderator for the ten tenths and americamlemans.com sites. Paul has updated the Forum software and added all sorts of tricky bits behind the scenes. It's a bit more complicated to Register now but hopefully that won't put people off, regretably the spammers have made it necessary.

At least now if you get an email about a topic reply it should actually be because you have a reply and nothing to do with a Britney Spears video :shock:.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Postby Ron Earp » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:00 pm

I did the same on www.gt40s.com and it helps a lot. Now, the resulting problem was that I'd get messages about every couple of days of "I can't register on your site" from folks that couldn't figure it out or blocked the registration email from coming to them, or flat out didn't know what to do. You might have to help people a bit more now but I don't think it'll be all that often.

Best,
Ron
Ron Earp

Re: Spam Update

Postby Hugewally » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:03 pm

Gerald Swan wrote:nothing to do with a Britney Spears video...
Not that there's anything wrong with that... :wink:

Really glad Paul could help because I'm sure we all share this feeling - Image
Hugewally

Postby Gerald Swan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:45 am

Ok, OK, I'll admit to watching "Baby One More Time" and "Toxic" with the sound down :oops:.

Otherwise if I want to listen to female vocalists I'll get out one of my Joni Mitchell/Grace Slick/Kate Bush collection and show my age (and great taste) :D.

Gerald.
Your local friendly Webmaster
Gerald Swan

Return to Lola Heritage Forum